What is a Buddy?
A Buddy is a current bachelor or master student at Aarhus BSS, who wants to:
- expand their international network
- meet other students at BSS
- help a Newcomer get the best possible start in Aarhus
- participate in social events, competitions and parties
- arrange social events with other students
- get a fun volunteer job to put on their CV
What does it take to become a Buddy?
A Buddy needs to be a proactive, engaged and helpful student at BSS. Other than this we are looking for students, that:
- will be able to participate in the events
- will be able to come to a Buddy Interview
- will be able to come to our Buddy Introduction Day on May 20th
- will be able to work together with other Buddies in a Buddy Teams
What are my assignments as a Buddy?
The Buddies need to help the Newcomers as much as possible. The assignments are therefore primarily:
- Contacting Newcomers when getting their information
- Picking them up at the train/bus station, if possible
- Answering questions about BSS, Aarhus and Studenterlauget
- Giving advice on e.g. shopping, transportation etc.
- Arranging events during the fall semester with the Buddy Team
Your assignment WILL NOT be to help the Newcomers find accommodation.
Do I get any help?
Yes! You will not be alone with these responsibilities. You will always be able to contact your Coordinators and you will have a team of Buddies to help you!
Can I become an Introduction Week Master or Bachelor Rusinstruktor if I become a Buddy?
Yes! We have made sure that you easily can become both and not be swamped with events at the same time.
How long am I hired for?
You are hired from May to November. The job will mainly take place from mid-September to mid-November. For your time and dedication, you will receive a diploma to display onto your CV.
I am still confused – what do I do?
You write to the Buddy Programme Coordinators at [email protected] who are happy to answer all the questions might have!
How do I apply?
The buddy coordinators will post about the job as a BUDDY in April